New gpg keys

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA512

Today I created new gpg keys for my work with Gentoo.
This was long overdue as my old primary key still is 1024bit DSA.
These facts and my wish to have a GLEP63 compliant set of gpg keys motivated me to create the new set.
A big thank you to Kristian Fiskerstrand who helped me in creating the keys.

So here's the IDs of my new key:

0x498FE765960E9B39

Kind regards
Lars
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2
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=sBiU
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

sys-devel/make-4.0 available

I took the opportunity to add make-4.0 to portage. As I found at least glibc not liking the new make I added it package masked for now.
Please help us finding all possible problems with the new make version. If you want to help, unmask the package
echo ">=sys-devel/make-4.0" >> /etc/portage/package.unmask
and start compiling packages with it. If you find problems open a new bug in our bug reporting database and make that bug block the tracker bug.

Bye bye kmail

After using kmail for more than ten years (I started using kmail in kde-2.0) I had to pull the straw and punt kmail for good.
The reasons are quickly told. Some KDE-developers had that great brainfart to reinvent the wheel and rewrite kmail.
Their plan to make it "better" included usage of akonadi/nepomuk for indexing the mails. The resulting kmail2 in my opinion was (and still is) a complete desaster.
First I never was able to migrate all my accounts (POP3 and IMAP), filters and other settings successfully.
Then I got struck by all the deficiencies akonadi still has. I could not reliably select mails. kmail2 simply refused them to display. Only when I killed kmail2 (closing the app didn't stop the kmail process) and restarted akonadi I was able to view two or three mails before the whole crap started all over again.
Sometimes kmail showed new mails in a folder but I wasn't able to see them even in the overview window. I again had to do this kill kmail and restart akonadi joke.
The final pain in the ass came when I upgraded kmail2 from the version shipped with kde-4.10.5 to the one shipped with kde-4.11.2. All my filters I was using forgot the destination folders they had to move the mails to. Even trying to manually set the destination folders again failed.
So thanks to a bunch of totally incompetent software developers I can not use the mail client anymore which I was using for over a decade.