dev-libs/openssl without ssl2 and ssl3

Hi,

after the debacle of latest openssl security bump I decided to jump the gap and remove ssl2 and ssl3 protocoll entirely from my systems. Thus I added a dev-libs/openssl package to my personal overlay which does exactly that. This also requires most openssl consuming packages to be recompiled to work properly again. I added a couple of packages that need additional ssl3 removal patches to my overlay as well. If you find other packages to fail, please inform me about them via email.

Kind regards
Polynomial-C

sys-devel/make-4.0 available

I took the opportunity to add make-4.0 to portage. As I found at least glibc not liking the new make I added it package masked for now.
Please help us finding all possible problems with the new make version. If you want to help, unmask the package
echo ">=sys-devel/make-4.0" >> /etc/portage/package.unmask
and start compiling packages with it. If you find problems open a new bug in our bug reporting database and make that bug block the tracker bug.

Bye bye kmail

After using kmail for more than ten years (I started using kmail in kde-2.0) I had to pull the straw and punt kmail for good.
The reasons are quickly told. Some KDE-developers had that great brainfart to reinvent the wheel and rewrite kmail.
Their plan to make it "better" included usage of akonadi/nepomuk for indexing the mails. The resulting kmail2 in my opinion was (and still is) a complete desaster.
First I never was able to migrate all my accounts (POP3 and IMAP), filters and other settings successfully.
Then I got struck by all the deficiencies akonadi still has. I could not reliably select mails. kmail2 simply refused them to display. Only when I killed kmail2 (closing the app didn't stop the kmail process) and restarted akonadi I was able to view two or three mails before the whole crap started all over again.
Sometimes kmail showed new mails in a folder but I wasn't able to see them even in the overview window. I again had to do this kill kmail and restart akonadi joke.
The final pain in the ass came when I upgraded kmail2 from the version shipped with kde-4.10.5 to the one shipped with kde-4.11.2. All my filters I was using forgot the destination folders they had to move the mails to. Even trying to manually set the destination folders again failed.
So thanks to a bunch of totally incompetent software developers I can not use the mail client anymore which I was using for over a decade.